Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Was Annie Spanish?

If I hear/see the word 'mañana' once more I will flip out. We went to see which group we'd be in for the Spanish course today. When will they be up? Mañana. So we went to the Guggenheim instead, which is an art gallery full of modern art that looks like nothing. There was quite a moving room which had old TV sets and an old chair in front of each one, and each one had a video playing. They were all interviews with people from a village in the Middle East (can't remember exactly where) and they were going on about all the hardships they'd endured. 

After that, I went to eat at the cafeteria again. You can get a 3-course meal for 6,50. I think I'll be a regular there as at least it means I eat properly once a day! Weird thing is, cooking is making me feel pretty homesick, but eating out isn't, so I think for now I'll be sticking to the cafeteria. But I will NOT be trying squid in ink, not for any money I won't! Luckily, there's always pizza available. I wonder what will be available mañana...

I went to Anila's piso too, and they were trying to sort out their internet (I'm so lucky to have it already in my flat!). Well, the long and short of that is that it won't be sorted out till mañana. Wonderful. I wonder whether Annie was Spanish. She's always banging on about tomorrow. I bet a Spanish version of Annie would go down a treat here - people would be singing 'mañana, mañana, te quiero, mañana, estas todavía un día aparté'... I should have translated Annie for my dissertation. Oh well. It's a thought if I ever feel the need to do a PhD. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! That is definitely as it is!!
    always manana!!!:D



    PS It's Nadia:)

    ReplyDelete