They've really done it this time. I have just bought something which I assumed was fruit juice, in dinky little cartons (to stop people drinking them... -_-) But what do I find when I look at it properly? I find the words 'Zumo+Leche'. Juice+milk. WHAT???? I am drinking a crazy mixture of milk and fruit juice. What is this madness? On the other foot, it is quite nice, in a very weird 'milk and juice shouldn't be together, but weirdly it kinda works, but I feel a bit wrong drinking it' way. You know that feeling you get when you watch someone snogging by accident? Where it's kinda wrong but you can't quite look away? Like that. No one can tell me now I'm not adventurous. I am trying local cuisine, albeit inadvertantly.
Anyway, in other news, we went back to Sopelana beach yesterday for a bit of sun sea and sand. The highlight of which was possibly Anila looking at me and saying 'You know you don't tan at all, do you?' And me saying 'nooooo, I'd never noticed!' It's true, I'm pale as anything still, even my Spanish teacher told me to be careful in the sun because I'm white. Cheers everyone, I did tell you before I got here!
Our new flatmate arrived on Saturday, and Adele is just lovely, as is her mum. Things did get a bit complicated language-wise as it does feel a bit odd, speaking French in Spain! When the landlord turned up he was talking Spanish/English, Adele's mum was talking Spanish/French, and I was somewhere in the middle talking Spanish/French/English when someone didn't understand something. I ask, is there any wonder I've had a headache!
Also, we have a particularly sadistic teacher who has given us 64 pages of Spanish philosophy to plough through... for WEDNESDAY! She was just there saying 'oh the Spanish is easy, but the concepts are very difficult to explain'. Oh good, just what we need! The annoying thing is that her lectures are pretty interesting, and she reminds me so much of my A-level teacher that I want to do well anyway, but it is a bit much I think, to give us two days to read that much Spanish! It cost a fortune to print off as well.
Right, best get to it. I'm going to finish my bebida (drink) and start reading or something. Uck... milk and fruit juice... Hasta luego (or, as the people round here say, 'a uego' - they don't care much for proper articulation. Drives me mad and the Miss Dunn within wants to tell them to stand up straight and articulate. But anyhow.) Adiós, blogueros!
I'd totally dropped the hast and the l by the time I left Valencia :P
ReplyDelete