Begin: Generic appology over lack of blog posts.
Well there's not a lot to say really. We didn't do much at the weekend, thanks to the hideously hot weather (it comes to something when it's too hot to go to the beach). I went to church, but in all honesty, I got none of the sermon and every time we were praying, I was praying for some feeling to come back into my backside (wooden benches).
I'm actually growing a slight love for Spanish philosophy (horror of horrors). I am starting to ask myself questions like 'what am I doing here' which is a very deep question. I may even write a book on it one day, and get rich. Or possibly exiled, depending how scathing my view of Spain is by then.
Also, I am contemplating the important philosophical question 'why the Jemima Puddle Duck have I managed to come to the rainiest part of Spain when they decide to have the warmest October weekend on record?' Answers to that on a postcard please, I can't be bothered reading a thesis on it. Keep it below 100 words, throw some cheddar in and I'll be happy as Larry (whoever he is. I bet he's in England with a full pot of tea, a plate of chips cheese and gravy, and with a fridge that things don't disapear from. I've now taken to labelling my food. Like I did for about a week when I first got to Lancaster before I realised that people in Lancaster are nice).
Today I was sat in the cafeteria talking English (yes yes, I know!) and a woman came up to me and asked me if I wanted to teach her son English. I tell you, you need no qualifications round here. I could be anyone and yet this woman wants to entrust her son to me, so I can aflict him with my Yorkshire accent. Oh well, looks good on the old CV. On the Yorkshire accent note, I am getting broader from being out here. After all, I am in the north, it just happens to be the north of a different country.
We went out for a dodgy Chinese for Suzy's birthday on Saturday night. It was quite pleasant, except for the waitresses (who threw our food at us) and the food itself. Well they did good rice... But it was good to get together and pretend we have a social life and pretend that we fit into the usual 'Erasmus' bracket of student. When I say 'we', I actually mean 'I', of course.
Right, I'm off to bedfordshire. Busy day again tomorrow (sob) with scary Grammar woman who is going to give us a test on what we've learnt so far... see you on the other side, blogueros. xxx
Possibly the only time I'll hear anyone say they're going to Bedfordshire - must be a shoe-in for most irrelevant county 2011?
ReplyDelete