Yes, I know it's been a while. As I mentioned last time, Mummy Fisher has been for a visit. It has to be said, Mummy Time was long over-due (even though I went much longer in Lancaster without Mummy Time... strange what moving countries does for you).
We had a lovely week, I have embraced my 4 blocks of cheddar on more than one occasion, and the tea famine has officially ended (Hurrah!). We went to Santander on Tuesday with some other Erasmus people, and we did have gorgeous weather and some stunning views. Mumsie (anyone else remember Crystal Maze when Richard O'Brien used to bounce into the Medieval Zone and say hello to his Mumsie? Well, you can blame Crystal Maze for my use of the word!) was very patient and we did a lot of sitting in parks while I wrote an essay, which I had intended to have finished before she got here, but then I was ill so everything got a little delayed.
So, if you want to see the holiday snaps you'll have to ask Mummy Fisher who is currently on her way back to the Motherland with my case (she left me her bigger one) and 18kg of stuff. If you want to see the snaps of an Erasmus student, they're on my Facebook.
I suppose life has to get to normal again now. Whatever that is. Is it possible to have a 'normal' life when you're Erasmus? It has to be said, I'm on the depressed side now Mumsie's gone home, even though it's only five weeks till my own trip to the Motherland. Five weeks seems like a very long time from where I'm sat though (which is on my uncomfy bed, quelle surprise). Bah. I demand that you all send me post to cheer me up, or at the very least, some kind of chart so I can cross the days off till I get out of this Spanish Stafford-equivalent (talk to my sister about that...) Yes it's pretty, yes it's 'an amazing experience that shapes who you are as a person'. It's also something that only gets to be amazing when you've finished it. While you're in it, it can seem far from it.
Rant over. Time to watch English TV and make a brew. Hasta luego blogueros.
No comments:
Post a Comment