Bah, humbug, grumble groan... I'm poorly :( I knew this being healthy malarkey was going too well, given my diet is abysmal, the weather horrifically changeable, and I've not slept much recently.
RE: diet. My diet is so appaling because I'm only eating the same few things, unless I eat in the cafeteria. I can hardly cook beef without gravy, and after the cafeteria served pig's head one day I'm a little suspicious of buying pork. Add to that the fact that all our pans are disgusting (and normally in the sink rather than ready to use) and the kitchen is a tip, that leaves me cooking using one frying pan at best. So it's usually some kind of chicken/tomato/rice/sweetcorn dish (sometimes having beef mince instead of chicken). Tuna is my new found friend - because it comes in Olive Oil it has a gorgeous vinegary flavour and it's just yum, so often I find myself recreating the feeding of the five-thousand (minus 4999 of the people).
RE: Changeable weather. It was 9 degrees the other day. Yesterday it was 37 again. I rest my case.
RE: Lack of sleep. As Lancaster people know, my sleeping is, in a word, erratic. Although I've not done too badly since the night I fell straight out of bed and onto the floor, during the past three nights sleep has not really happened. I went to the farmacia to see if they had some Kalms Sleep equivalent, and I got some crazy pills that have only served to make sure I only have a really light sleep instead of a deep one. Great. Cheers for that Spain! I have no doubt that this wouldn't be a problem if my bed wasn't so darn squeeky! Every time I move I wake myself up. So I have given up on said pills (that will teach me to try the herbal remedy rather than snatching the over-the-counter sleep inducers that they sell here. Why did I not go buy them, I hear you say. Because Farmacias here don't open Saturday afternoon or Sunday). In general, I blame my lack of sleep on the lack of a Learning Zone. Last year, when I used the LZ as my office, I slept much better. Now my room is my office and I can't shut off at night. Bah. Lancaster 1-0 Spain (sorry, I knicked this point system from Jack).
So I'm a little fed up, a little miserable, and waiting for fresher's flu to fall properly. Oh the joys. Also, little bit gutted to have now missed around 6 of Soulrigg's gigs (and let's face it, by the end of the year, it'll be a heck of a lot more). Beth and Emily had better be waving their pompoms double hard to make up for it.
However there is a light... MUMMY FISHER ARRIVES ON FRIDAYYYY!!! And with her she's bringing 240 tea bags (PG Tips), a tub of Bisto, 1.6kg cheddar, and my winter coat. Life gets better on Friday. Fact.
Hasta luego blogueros! x
PG Tips, Bisto, and cheddar?! I am so jealous right about now
ReplyDeleteHave a great time and enjoy the goodies your Mum is bringing :)
ReplyDeleteDitto what Gav said! And the point system always livens things up :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness lucy CHEDDAR!!! So jealous! x
ReplyDelete