Monday, 29 August 2011

20lbs, 20kg, what's the difference? :S

So today I started retrieving the bits I'm wanting to take to Espana on Friday. 20kg doesn't seem like much when you say it, but today has been most illuminating in that department. After giving myself a heart attack when I read the bit of the scales that measures in lbs (and my case weighed about 10lbs!), I soon realised that 20kg is a fair amount. And also that my case weighs 4kg just by itself, which is a slight victory for my case because those extra-light ones you can get are still 3.9kg and I think that's for a smaller one. And my black case with white 'Lucy Spots' (as my amiga Beth likes to call them!) is just more epic. Fact. 

So my packing progress has ground to a halt. I've realised I don't have nearly enough underwear and therefore I will have to brave the washing machine fairly pronto after I get there. I really REALLY hope that all those stupid symbols I learnt for GCSE textiles are the same in Spain, otherwise I may flood the piso. All my stuff is currently rammed into my case any old way till I summon up the energy to pack it all properly, and I need to go and buy enough cold and flu relief to stave off fresher's flu when I get there. The last thing I need is a trip to a farmacĂ­a two days in.

Till next time, nosey people who want to know what I'm getting up to! (aka, followers) xxx

1 comment:

  1. I forgot the DELC booklet with everything we're meant to be doing this year , good one Jack!

    ReplyDelete