Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Un long-weekend dans les montagnes

Apologies for the lack of blog of late, but things have been a little hectic. The uni is uber-organised, so classes are actually going reasonably well. There's only been one that sucked my soul out and necessitated a hot chocolate after so I could function well enough to get home, so that's not too bad. I need to find something to replace it but at the present time I have Mondays and Tuesdays off, so I'd rather not suddenly get something (mainly because I'm planning a few weekends away, and travelling on Tuesday is so much cheaper...)


Claire (flatmate who is also from Lancaster, for those of you who haven't been updated), arrived with her Mum, and we did a lot of food shopping and sight-seeing. On Saturday we went to Anzere (a ski resort in the mountains) and I stayed until yesterday. It was absolutely stunning, the mountains are like nothing I've ever seen before. I tried to take pictures but they really don't do them justice at all (but still, have a look!). Before you ask, no I didn't ski. I would like to return to the motherland with all my limbs if you don't mind. I can do without a trip to hospital.


Anyhow, I'm just waiting for my next lecture. I might geek-out and do my translation work for tomorrow's class (which I may or may not be allowed to take, as I'm still waiting for Lancaster to say yay or nay as it's a Master's course and so I apparently won't pass the exam, but the nice tutor said I could take it and he'd write a report for Lancs and they can decide at the end what grade I should get. Glad to see nothing changes on the emailing front.) One thing is certain, this is a heck of a lot easier than Bilbao was!


P.S. Flat Ted and Millie also having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3362713355777.2158536.1507386366&type=1&aft=3377972217239&l=db76b224b0

    And there's the link to the Anzere pics!

    ReplyDelete