Sunday, 11 March 2012

A church, an encounter with Swiss efficiency, and a Specsavers appointment in the brewing.

Bonjour tout le monde!


Well it's been a week most ordinary. Last Sunday and this Sunday I braved church, which is always interesting when you move to a new place. This one's called Crossroads and is an English-speaking church, which is really quite nice! Some would say it's cheating, I say: why make life harder? If I didn't go to this one I'd have to cross the border, which is a nightmare on a Sunday. Besides, this church is right up my street, the people are very friendly and welcoming, and it feels like a little bit of home.


Aside from that, I generally felt pants last week. I think it might be time for new glasses with the amount of headaches I've had recently, but that's going to have to wait till Easter. Specsavers here I come (grumble groan, it's going to involve the usual talk with the optician about how I don't really need new specs because my eyes haven't changed that much, and me explaining that I'd rather not shell out for them but functioning with headaches isn't my idea of fun...)


Yesterday I found my way to the Jardin Botanique, which was a pain in the backside to get to because it seems half of the buses in Geneva don't run on a Saturday, even though there's times up at the bus stops for them. So much for Swiss efficiency. Anyway, I finally made it there. It's not all that interesting unless you're a botanist. I look at a rock with three different types of moss on them and I think 'oooh look at the pretty colours' and then move on, but I'm sure botonists don't. Anyway, I then made my way to Lake Geneva and had a nice little wander along the quay, but this time there wasn't any ice! I also stopped into C&A and maybe bought two tops. Oops. Oh well, only having about a week's worth of clothes is a pain, two tops mean washing doesn't have to be done in such an emergency every Tuesday. 


That's me done for today Blogeurs, I'm hitting the hay. I'll try to do something more interesting this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment