I am such a bad blogger when I have nothing to moan about! Sorry for the lack of blogging but I've barely stood still since I got back. I won't bore you with all the details, but I've managed to visit all the family members I needed to, and seen my new baby niece (nawwwww!)
Anyhow, this blog post is something I've wanted to write for a long time, but I needed to wait till I'd been back in England for a while before I could write it. I went to Lancaster first (which is becoming something of a tradition but it's just been more practical that way) which was lovely. Seeing everyone was great, and although it fits like an old glove it really does serve to highlight the hundreds of miles of difference between old me and new me. And the fact that I haven't got a clue about the pain in the backside that final year appears to be, and therefore I'm very little use when people are going through tough times, though I can still brew a decent cup of tea (Lucy 1-0 Spain). Has to be said, I really don't want to do final year if that is what it looks like. But hopefully my year doing something different will be good because I've had some distance from the Lancaster bubble.
Home home (that is, York home) is less weird, because I've been coming and going from York for two years already, so it's just like normal. The only thing I have noticed is that my accent is back, partly because I am tired as anything and partly because I've had to attempt a daft accent for 5 months, the time to be myself is now, before I go back to being an Erasmus tourist.
And, for those of you who were wondering, I did have a very lovely Christmas/Birthday at home home too (several in fact, due to wonderful parents and wonderful friends!)
I move to Geneva on Wednesday, so no doubt there'll be more interesting bits to read then.
Till the next time :) x
No comments:
Post a Comment