Monday, 23 January 2012

Saying 'agur'

Hello Followers! (as I've now left Spain, I can't call you blogueros anymore and as I've not hit Switzerland yet I can't say 'blogeurs' yet, so live with being called a sensible name for a few weeks)


Well yes, the end happened. The last few weeks in Bilbao got a bit mad, hence the lack of blogging, but I had one last exam (which wasn't all that fun, but this time last year there'd have been no way I could even attempt to write three essays in Spanish on Medieval Literature in an hour and a half. So even if I fail that exam, it's still a victory). The rest of the time was spent meeting up with people, and showing Kate around (as we had about a week's cross-over between her coming out to Bilbao and me leaving). Pintxos (Basque tapas) happened, as did Txacoli (Basque white wine), and chocolate con churros. I feel like I spent a week eating!


So I said 'agur' for the last time while leaving the Chinese shop that had practically set me up for the semester with mugs and teapots and such, and rammed as much into my hand luggage as possible due to Easyjet's rules on weight limit (basically, your hold luggage has to be 20kg or less, but your hand luggage can weigh anything as long as you can lift it. So a blanket, 3 jumpers, all my electricals and work went into one rucksack with a bit of brute force). I was still 1.5kg over when I got to the airport, but the nice lady didn't charge me so I consider that an epic win, given just how many clothes I brought back!


Right now I'm in Lancaster, chilling my beans in the Learning Zone and even working on my dissertation (shock, horror!) It's hilarious that I'm procrastinating from looking at DELC310 by doing 6000 words of translation, but this is the way I roll these days. So hard-core. I'm having a nice time though, I just feel a bit useless as everyone else is so busy and I have no idea what they're going through anymore, not having done final year yet. 


Reverse-culture-shock is also a condition I feel I should probably write a self-help guide for in the near future. It's an interesting phenomenon that no one ever talks about, so I'll get round to it soon.


Right, dissertation time. See you soon people!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you are working on your dissertation lol! My book is on my pile of stuff to take to Granada though, I'd love to take more dissertation stuff with me but there just isn't the room so the text to translate will just have to be a good start! How long are you in Lancaster for? Have a great time whilst you're there :) My 310 procrastination is figuring out what I'm going to do after Lancs, eek! Masters, jobs, teach first.... Actually, I think your decision to do you dissertation is a wise one!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sooooo write having you blogging in the zoo again xxx

    ReplyDelete