Sunday, 20 November 2011

'Hola hola'... 'hello hello!'

Helloooo world. Yes I have been a slight recluse recently, but luckily my sanity has decided to join me once more (better late than never).


This week has passed in a flurry of everyone being absolutely pooped. On Tuesday the teacher of our 9am was like 'it's only Tuesday. And we're all tired. What are we going to be like by Friday?' Sadly, she never found out, as I slept straight through my alarm and didn't make it to Friday's lecture, which I NEVER normally do. But here I have very little motivation to get up for lectures I don't enjoy and should never have had to take in the first place. But I did have a lovely phone call from the Superwoman of Lancaster, who is Olga, on Friday. I answered the phone with 'hola' and she replied with her wonderful 'hola hola'! When she'd told me who she was I was like 'ohhh hi!' and then I got 'hello hello!'. I've never been more grateful for a phone call!


Anyhow, we had a great chat, and it feels good to know that someone in the department still cares whether we're all alive or dead. I don't even say that in a melodramatic sense, because once the department are done with our year they'll need to go for a lie down in a darkened room with a couple of asprin. In fact, they should probably bulk-buy the stuff for our final year, because all the 333 courses (these are new courses they're trying to introduce that will be compulsory in our final year) are going to be met with a certain degree of confusion. Watch this space. It doesn't help that we're all pretty confused people to start with, and when something's never been done before there's no one to tell us we'll be ok!


Yesterday I went to San Sebastian, all aloney on my owney, which was a wee bit scary but ultimately very much worth it. It was a lovely day, although every time a Spanish person said anything to me I suddenly didn't understand. It was incredible. And it just proves that foreign languages are not supposed to be spoken on a Saturday. I took 176 pictures or something crazy - 165 of which have made it onto facebook. I've no clue where the missing 11 are, but seriously guys, if 165 aren't enough for you, you need help (or something to do). The annoying thing was that the bay faces the wrong way to see a decent sunset in San Seb... Ironically my father got better sunset pics over Clifton (that part of York with the highest crime rate - I found PROOF so now everyone can stop telling me it's lovely) than I did in San Seb. Still, I got lots of lovely pics nonetheless. 


And tomorrow commences the healthy eating and manic exercise regime with Suzy. I've completely given up on eating proper food it seems, so tomorrow all shall change! We're also going to go for some nice power walks by the river and hopefully get them to coincide with the sunset, to spur us on! The one thing I can say about Bilbao, is it's gorgeous in the evening and night. It's quite nice in the day if you wander round with your eyes closed, or only look at the Guggenheim (that thing on most of my pics that looks like a Blue Peter ship). 


So, hasta luego blogueros! Much love, and thank you for reading my bloggio - I do appreciate it :) xxxx 



No comments:

Post a Comment