Sunday, 31 July 2011

Working 9 to 5 so I can pay for scaffolding!

It occurred to me that I have not Blogged for a fair while. I am sorry, dear followers! Life has been a mish-mash of working, filling in forms and trying in vain to fit all my uni books under my bed. 

I have learned how to make a sandwich fit for commercial consumption by the masses. Or at least, as it seems to be so far, those daft enough to venture outside in the hideous rainy weather for a butty, or the hideously hot weather, depending on which day you pick! But I love working hard so I'm enjoying it very much. I've also been at the chippie a bit which is always a delight as I seem to know every third customer at least. Like a home-from-home, it's good to be back.

I spent one evening this week printing off a billion forms, which prompted my father to ask whether my intention was to make the printer run out of ink or paper first. Luckily, it was my own paper that I'd brought home from uni so I feel slightly less guilty. It seems that a good proportion of my 20kg weight limit is going to go on paperwork. Never mind the essentials, I'm not leaving fair England without a device for making my mornings a heck of a lot easier (aka, a kettle) and some underwear. I can't bear the thought of buying lingerie in Europe - they'll take one look at my very British frame and send me on my way, back to the likes of Marks and Spencers. If I'm lucky they may give me the number of a local scaffolding company to tide me over. 

Till next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment