Monday, 11 July 2011

If Rhod Gilbert can do it...

I did want to Blog about three days ago but I kept being told the site was 'under maintainance' so apologies there!

Well I'm home home (as opposed to home... Lancaster is 'home', York is 'home home'. This will become even more confuzzling as I make Espana and  Switzerland my home... hmmmmm!). I've done very well so far, I've shifted most of my uni stuff into my room, not to be touched for an entire year! I am NOT sorry to say 'adios' to Pio Baroja. I've also said hello to Heather and Sarah, and a few other people too. In fact, I've barely stopped since arriving back. I get itchy feet in York for some reason.

Emily and I booked our tickets to Bilbao on Friday (!) and it's all rather exciting and scary and exciting! I feel better now I'm home home as, although I miss uni people, it's not quite as acute as it was getting in Lancaster. It's not like Lancaster people are supposed to be here with me so it makes it better somehow. 

Anyhow, I'm trying to do the whole writing a novel in a month again, and so far failing epically, thanks to falling asleep rather early. Bah, I'm getting old! Gone are the days of staying up till 3am!

So not much news on the Year Abroad front, but I shall keep you posted on the nerves/excitement as they occur! (Well, probably a little after they occur, otherwise I'll be blogging even more than people who are full-time bloggers!) The only thing I can tell you is that Rhod Gilbert (the awesome comedian who moans about duvets, torches and women) actually studied French and Spanish at Exeter. Get that! So, I've decided, that if Rhod Gilbert can do it, and the year abroad, so can I! I WILL BE A COMEDIENNE!!! Hehe, till next time loves :) x

1 comment:

  1. miss u lucy

    i demand cakes and hugs to supplement for the year abroad :D '#hehe

    ReplyDelete