Haha, my first ever blog post! The only reason I've decided to have a blog for the next year is so you can all keep up with my year abroad and how things are going. You never know, I may even learn something and feel the need to bore you with it (but that'll only be if you're lucky).
This week I had my last exam of second year, then we bashed straight on with YA prep. Given we're encouraged to brush off stereotypes, I heard quite a few this week, but I suppose I did learn some useful stuff. The French, apparently, don't wear high heels to go out on the town. From my POV, epic win!!! Although I'm vertically challenged (but only when stood next to taller people, haha) high heels and me do not get along, therefore this has to be a winning situation. On the other foot, I'm not exactly going to France so who knows if this is true? Do the Swiss wear high heels?
Well whichever way. It has to be said, the Spanish didn't get off scot-free. Apparently people will yell 'oi blondie' - or whatever the Spanish equivalent is - at us. Which is interesting, given I am not blonde. Again, I will keep you all posted as to the abuse I get hurled at in the street, and DELC, be warned, I fully intend to exploit this cultural experience by writing about it in my assessment. Let the abuse start here... :S
On the other foot xD
ReplyDelete