Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Business vs. Busy-ness

If I watch many more old seasons of The Apprentice I'll enter the stupid competition myself. I'm sure I can label lollipops correctly, flog cakes to unsuspecting customers, and probably be quite a lot nicer than this horrible lot are. In fact, this would save me job-hunting in my final year, I'll just set up a chocolate or cake business and charge hideous amounts of money for something that cost me pennies to make.


Anyway, in other news, it's all a bit quiet on the Year Abroad front. The only remotely exciting thing happening is that there's going to be a Manx langugage course again this summer, and for a change it's not going to be in Eary Cushlin (aka middle of nowhere). The geek inside me is far too tempted to go and spend a weekend saying 'cha nel me toiggal' (I don't understand) in Manx. Another language won't make much difference to my brain, there's already a lot of random stuff in there and it'll come in handy if I'm ever attacked by a marauding Celt.

I've also found the one decent doctor that works on campus - shame I'm leaving! She better still be here when I get back, although I already have more faith in Spanish and Swiss doctors than I do English ones. Anyway, until next time amigos, when I should have packed at least my books away in a box, never to be seen again for several months. Oooo.







No comments:

Post a Comment