Sunday, 29 April 2012

A very busy few weeks.

I know, I fell off the radar a little before Easter. I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and moaning about having a cold, which carried on when I got home. I did absolutely nothing while I was there, but I did see all the family, including my gorgeous niece and nephew. 


Dad came back to Geneva with me and we spent a very happy and slightly damp two weeks being shameless tourists. He said right near the start 'you take care of the French and I'll take care of the geography' and it worked out pretty well! I would tell you everything we did, but it would take several weeks. Your best bet is to look through my pictures on Facebook (which I only uploaded today as it was going to be a long job...) Needless to say, we had a fantastique time.


I was ridiculously tired after I'd packed Dad off home again, but there was very little time to recuperate as Hannah came out then, so a bit more tourism happened, and this weekend we've had Claire's boyfriend and her Dad, so another full house. We should open a hotel!


But it is lovely to see all these people from home. That is the truth. And what's even more wonderful is knowing that there's only another 9 weeks to go till I can see the people I love much more frequently. I've booked my final flight home (oo-er), which is pretty mind-blowing in itself! How have I gone from NEVER having flown to booking my LAST flight of the academic year? (I would say, last flight of the year, but I heard on the grapevine I'm heading to Germany in September...) Anyway, by the end of this trip I'll have spent 40 weeks abroad (I think, will do the maths when I'm not so tired!), and therefore I deserve a medal. Still, if I've done this, I can do anything, and therefore next year I will be unstoppable! 


Anyway, I have to go to bed as one of my classes has been moved to 8.30 tomorrow, which involves me getting up at about 6am as it takes an hour to get into uni *sigh*. Oh well. On we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment