Wednesday, 4 April 2012

The tale of the lost voice...

Oh the irony of someone who pretty much talks for a degree losing their voice. But yes, I have the distinction of being quiet today and therefore I'm going to blog instead.


So, where was I? Ah yes, I'd just talked about our day round CERN. Well, the Tuesday we went to the UN and got utterly confused over the queuing system, but ultimately we got in and got on a tour. It was fantastic! Me and Emily geeked out rather a lot, I've no idea if the boys did, I wasn't paying enough attention! I got all excited over seeing the interpreting booths. All the rooms are decorated differently and there's a lot of artwork donated by different countries as gifts. 


After that we had a nosy in the gift shop and went to do our touristy snaps outside the proper entrance of the UN, where all the flags are. Then it was back home, another film, dinner, etc. Oh yes, we tried to go for a fondue, but at 29 CHF each we thought better of it and just bought one from Carrefour (and saw my favourite security guard!)


Then the Very Sad Day arrived, and we went to Lake Geneva to have a look at the pretty view and eat a sandwich, but sadly we had to come home, grab stuff and go to the airport. I made a very quick exit, the quicker you get it over with, the better really. So it was a bit sad but lots of marvelous memories were made and hopefully we'll all do it again, somewhere else, somewhere different, but all together. 


And now I am exceptionally tired. It is most frustrating to not have a voice! But Mumsie's going to make bacon and eggs for tea, so things are looking up! Till next time blogeurs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment