Friday, 30 December 2011

The holiday that never was...

Hola a todos


There's not been much to report since Christmas. The Spanish have no clue how to take a holiday, I know this because at 11am on 26th Dec I was teaching English to a poor little lad who barely knows Castilian Spanish (thanks to his first language being Basque) never mind English. And I was back there again on the 27th, because heaven forbid he skip a week (due to me being in Barcelona when he should have a class. Oopsie). 


I also went up the funicular to watch the sunset the other day and it was stonking! An absolute corker, here's the link to the pics (but you might want to just look at the thumbnails rather than scroll through them - there's a lot, but they're worth a look!) 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2884938131695.2149593.1507386366&type=1&l=5c0557bf07


Anyway, yesterday I was invited to Bermeo, where the other lad I teach lives. It was nice to spend the day with him and his mum, and talk to someone who's not a student for a change! I saw lots of the Basque countryside and had a great lunch, it was a superb day, even if it did decide to rain on us. A few pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2905128596444.2150118.1507386366&type=1&l=7344ead609


Not much else to say, I just relaxed a bit today and we'll have to see how new year pans out!
Hasta Luego blogueros!



No comments:

Post a Comment